Marketing and Events Seasonal Coordinator
Reporting Responsibilities: Membership, Marketing and Events Manager (MME)
Supervisory Responsibilities: Interns
FLSA Status: Nonexempt, Full-Time, Seasonal (May 1 – October 1)
The Marketing and Events Seasonal Coordinator is a crucial member of the development and events team during the busy seasonal schedule. S/he supports the Marketing, Membership, and Events Manager on all events including mission-based programming (lectures, book talks, films, panel discussions, etc.) and fund-raising events (galas, cocktail parties, awareness events, etc.). Also helps in the creation of marketing materials to support Museum and events. Must be willing to work outside of normal business hours, including occasional nights and weekends, and to see time-sensitive projects through to conclusion.
- Works with the MME manager to ensure successful planning and execution of all events including all details of set-up and takedown.
- Responsible for collecting RSVPs to various fund-raising events and communicating information to MME as well as Development and Membership Coordinator.
- Assists in developing, distributing, and monitoring promotional materials for the Museum and Museum related events.
- Collaborates with Development Department on several fund-raising events throughout the summer.
- Supports the ongoing promotion of membership including sales and solicitation programs to individual and business members at events.
- Assists in executing the ongoing advertising campaign including: print, radio, email, posters, on-line, etc.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring Museum materials are stocked at designated Island locations, i.e. Chamber of Commerce, visitor centers, hotels, libraries, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office with some graphic design experience helpful.
- Ability to gain/keep confidences, and ability to think/work independently within guidelines.
- Attentiveness to detail and a passion for accuracy.
- Appreciation of the Museum's mission, its need to secure funding, and to build audience.
Application Instructions: Please send resume, cover letter, and list of references to Katy Fuller, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading with the subject heading: Marketing and Events Coordinator. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.